1. Privacy and Cookie Notice
This website (https://radix.ai/) and any Radix applications, including our job recommender system, are the property of, and are actively managed by, RADIX.AI BVBA, a Belgium based machine learning company, established at 1000 Brussels, Cantersteen 10, registered under number BE 0660.746.974.
At Radix we do our utmost to protect and process the personal data that are entrusted to us in a correct and transparent way, more particularly in accordance with the applicable law and especially with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (« GDPR »).
Any questions you might have about your privacy and our personal data processing activities can be send towards [email protected]
1.1 To Whom does this Privacy Notice apply?
This policy applies to all individuals whose personal data we process (legally defined as “data subjects”), including customers, website visitors and application users.
1.2 What does this Privacy Notice cover?
With this privacy notice we wish to inform you about how and why we process your personal data, to whom we transmit this information, what your rights are and how you can exercise your rights or request more information.
1.3 Why do we use personal data?
Radix will only use personal data for the following pre-defined purposes:
- Core processing operations (as a data processor):
- As data processor, on behalf of our customers when we deliver consultancy services towards our customers;
- As data processor, when our customers use our application(s), such as talent API.
- Talent API is currently the only application under development and owned by Radix. Talent API is a deep learning application which successfully matches CV’s with job descriptions.
- Supporting processing operations (as a data controller):
- To register customers;
- To provide customer service;
- To improve user experience;
- To improve our deep learning algorithms;
- To inform you about our activities and upcoming events, products and services from Radix or its partners;
- For reporting and analytics purposes.
1.4 How did we obtain your personal data?
As a controller, Radix gathers personal data only through direct interaction (e.g. mail, visit on our website, …) between you (as a data subject) and us.
Additionally, our customers also upload personal data onto our applications.
1.5 What personal data do we collect/use?
Radix only collects/uses the following WP29 categories of personal data:
- Identification information
- Personal characteristics
- Life Habits
- Leisure activities and interests
- Education and training data
- Profession and employment data
Only data that is proactively shared by data subjects, within a CV,
1.6 Why are we allowed to use your personal data?
During the registration process you agreed with the ‘general terms and conditions’ for using Radix’s services. This registration can be seen as a contractual agreement, which allows us to process your personal data for the execution of the defined terms & conditions.
During the registration process Radix also asks for your consent for a number of secondary purposes. Radix will only use your data for these purposes if you subscribe to these services.
Finally, Radix needs to comply with some legal (e.g. traffic legislation) obligations which require processing of personal data in order to enable you to use its services.
1.7 To whom do we transmit your personal data?
Radix only transmits/shares your personal data with the following third parties:
- To cloud service providers (Amazon AWS)
1.8 Cookie Notice
Radix uses the following categories of cookies:
- Website analytics
- Customer interaction trackers.
If you block cookies, certain website functionalities might be lost. The blocking of cookies is explained within the following links:
This website or application may contain links to other websites. Although we try to only insert links to websites that share our own standards regarding data protection, we are neither responsible for the contents nor for the policy regarding data protection of those websites. This privacy notice only pertains to data collected by Radix.
1.9 Protection of your personal data?
Radix protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data. We use various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction.
1.10 How long will your personal data be saved?
Radix will not store your personal data longer than required for the purposes defined within this privacy notice. Radix employs variable retention periods and have defined different retention periods for different data categories.
As a general rule, we can state that we retain identification personal data of customers for as long as they are an active customer of Radix. A customer is considered active as they have done business with Radix within the last 24 months. The personal data of inactive customers will be actively deleted seven years after they become inactive.
We do not define retention periods when Radix acts as a processor, as we are legally obligated to follow the retention periods defined by our customers.
Radix might retain anonymised data for statistical purposes.
1.11 Will your personal data be used for automated decision-making?
Automated decisions are decisions about persons which are based solely on the automated processing of personal data without any human intervention and which produces legal effects that significantly affect the persons involved.
The Radix ‘Talent API’ application is a deep learning application which creates automated lists of individuals that would be most suited for a job, based upon the information within the data subjects CV and the job description. Talent API should be seen as a tool to facilitate finding the match between applicants and jobs and should not be used without human intervention, such as job interviews. Furthermore, Radix has taken measures in order to prevent discrimination through the algorithm, such as not taking into account the gender or race of the applicants. Also, the algorithm is driven partly by applicant preferences, and partly by employee preferences.
Data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision solely based on automated processing, including profiling and to exercise its right to object against automated decision making. However, Radix only provides the tool as a data processor. The right to object must therefore be exercised at the data controller.
1.12 What are your rights?
You have several rights regarding the personal data that we process. In particular, you have the right:
- to access your personal data and to make a copy of it;
- to ask us to update or correct your personal data, if you think it is incorrect or incomplete;
- to ask to delete your personal data, or to limit the way in which we use those data, if you think that we do not (or no longer) have any legitimate basis to process it;
- to revoke your consent regarding the processing of your personal data (insofar the processing is based on your consent);
- to receive your personal data in a structured, conventional and machine-readable form and to transfer it to another party (insofar the processing is based on authorization or the performance of an agreement);
- to object against the processing of your personal data for which we use explicit consent or legitimate interest as a legal basis.
You can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
You can also use this contact information if you wish to introduce a complaint regarding to the processing of personal data.
Furthermore, if you believe that Radix did not act in accordance with the legislation concerning the processing of personal data, you can file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
E-mail: [email protected]
1.13 Modifications to this Privacy Notice
We can modify this privacy notice at all times. In order to keep you informed of the latest modification of the Privacy statement, we shall adapt the revision date each time it is modified. The modified Privacy Notice shall enter into force as of that date. Please consult this page regularly to keep informed of any modifications and/or additions.
We will also proactively inform you about important changes to the Privacy Notice.